Early Childhood Education is the foundation for lifelong learning. We believe all children should feel nurtured, respected and supported to build positive relationships within a safe and caring environment.
Our Early Childhood programs promote the principles of the Early Years Learning Framework and is underpinned by the following principles:
- Children need time to explore their environment
- We recognize and celebrate diversity
- Learning environments are carefully planned to ensure that children are provided with the opportunity to engage in stimulating, meaningful experiences.
- Programs include planned, purposeful play, balanced with explicit teaching
- Teachers plan their programs so that they are engaging, provide time for practise and allow the children to take risks in a safe environment
Research shows there are skills and concepts that form a strong foundation for sustained academic achievement later in school. These include strong oral language skills, broad vocabulary (tier 1 & 2), phonemic awareness, being read to, special awareness, fine and gross motor skills, and the ability to subitise. Our Early Childhood program aims to develop these abilities early.
Useful links for parents