The Department of Education website provides resources that are available for parents/caregivers to use for At Home Learning, with resources available for each year group. These can be found at: https://www.education.wa.edu.au/learning-at-home/learning-resources-by-year-level
Other activities you can do with your child at home to help develop their skills include:
- Reading: Complete daily reading with your child and ask them questions during or after. This could include stories or information. You can also join for a free trial to ABC reading Eggs https://readingeggs.com.au/
- Writing: Your child could write a story, an information text, create a poster, create a comic strip or keep a journal.
- Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation: Practise any previous spelling words. Correct and practise any spelling, grammar or punctuation mistakes from their writing.
- Maths: Visit ABC Education and filter the maths resources or games based on your child’s year level or ability – https://education.abc.net.au/home#!/resources/-/mathematics
- Other learning: Visit the ABC Education site for learning in English, Maths, Science, Geography, History, The Arts, Technology, Economics and Business, and Civic and Citizenship. All subjects can be filtered by year level. https://education.abc.net.au/home#!/home
- Other resources: https://www.khanacademy.org/